200/240 Carb

dixie

Lee you will probably answer this .

I have a 200 that over fuels on low revs but it has a 28mm dellorto carb, think standard is 25mm? what should I fit ???

my 240 is running a 28mm also, it runs fine but a very knowledgable friend informed me the 26mm would improve it even more ????thought/set up

thanks in advance.Dixie

Lee you will probably answer this .

I have a 200 that over fuels on low revs but it has a 28mm dellorto carb, think standard is 25mm? what should I fit ???

my 240 is running a 28mm also, it runs fine but a very knowledgable friend informed me the 26mm would improve it even more ????thought/set up

thanks in advance.Dixie

Hiya Dixie,

the std dellorto on a 156 (fantic and minarelli) was 25mm as per 240

I think 28mm is way too big. The 249s had 26mm std.

I have heard that a 24mm oko works well on a 156...classic trial...but have not tried it. I also heard that a 26mm oko works well on the 240 but havent tried that either.

26mm mikunis are also sopposed to work well.

i only have a std 200 and then 249 engines....a keihin works best on that

L

I h

... and then 249 engines....a keihin works best on that

L

I h

Which Keihin for the 249?(sorry for hijack,Lee,you can just P.M. Me if protocol call for it) As I've just begun to attempt to tune my 249 engine(In a 309) and would definitely shortcut to a Keihin if that's the ticket,have a CT Oko on my 240 works great,don't care which carb ends up on the 309,just would like the same response outa my AirMono bike as my twinshocker.

Which Keihin for the 249?(sorry for hijack,Lee,you can just P.M. Me if protocol call for it) As I've just begun to attempt to tune my 249 engine(In a 309) and would definitely shortcut to a Keihin if that's the ticket,have a CT Oko on my 240 works great,don't care which carb ends up on the 309,just would like the same response outa my AirMono bike as my twinshocker.

pwk28...came off a raga

Typical i have bought one now!!!!

Runs a dream, it looks like the fuel valve and float height were the prob on the old one , but the 25 seems to make the littleun run smoother with cleaner bottom end.

Typical i have bought one now!!!!

Runs a dream, it looks like the fuel valve and float height were the prob on the old one , but the 25 seems to make the littleun run smoother with cleaner bottom end.

Which jetting did you go with? My 240 never did clean up with a 25mm dellorto,CT Oko made it run great, alot like the 2009 Sherco I took a quick spin on last weekend.

BTW,when I took apart the Dell on my 309(249cc) it turned out not to have a idle jet in it at all,just the idle emulsion tube,will just stick in the 44 idle jet that was in my 240 and see how she does,only other idle jet I've got is a 33,gonna start rich.

Which jetting did you go with? My 240 never did clean up with a 25mm dellorto,CT Oko made it run great, alot like the 2009 Sherco I took a quick spin on last weekend.

BTW,when I took apart the Dell on my 309(249cc) it turned out not to have a idle jet in it at all,just the idle emulsion tube,will just stick in the 44 idle jet that was in my 240 and see how she does,only other idle jet I've got is a 33,gonna start rich.

My 240 runs standard 98/44/60 jetting but raised the needle to 3rd notch. I run castrol 747 at 50/1,smells good. Will try and get a 26mm carb from a 300 series motor and try that.