Any Word From Tishomingo,today Natc

northernnorm

Jon:

Jonathon English is from Ontario and big scary rocks are just about extinct there. Fortunately he will be back on the westcoast where we have tonnes of them, and they are even covered in moss!

Matt needs to take him out for a practice session on Boobys Rock..........:D

Jon (I like that name for some reason) had some tough sections to face in the Expert class. He never gave up.

Jon

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt needs to take him out for a practice session on Boobys Rock..........:D

Jon (I like that name for some reason) had some tough sections to face in the Expert class. He never gave up.

Jon

I Like the name too, seems to be common in this thread. Jonathan, myself, and one other fellow travelled down from Canada, on the way we rode a pretty tough club event in MN the weekend before, then a few days at the TTC during the week before driving to OK. In hindsight, it was a lot of fun but did not really allow for a lot of rest and recuperation before the national.

That said, "giving up" is not in Jonathan's vocabulary, he's a tough bugger. Not to mention his minders were off riding the support line half the time....... :wacko:

Jon(ny042)

I Like the name too, seems to be common in this thread. Jonathan, myself, and one other fellow travelled down from Canada, on the way we rode a pretty tough club event in MN the weekend before, then a few days at the TTC during the week before driving to OK. In hindsight, it was a lot of fun but did not really allow for a lot of rest and recuperation before the national.

That said, "giving up" is not in Jonathan's vocabulary, he's a tough bugger. Not to mention his minders were off riding the support line half the time....... :D

Jon(ny042)

I was Chief Tech Inspector and I had an idea of what you guys were facing out there, so I grabbed this old stuffed elk's head (I was told it was an elk, not a deer. What do I know...) I found behind the clubhouse to use as the Tech Inspection mascot to inject a little humor into the process. It did upset a few young ladies, however.........

Jon

post-2532-1273074697.jpg

Edited by JSE

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
Jon:

Was just re-reading through this old post of yours and saw you mention Whitey Webb! He still lives here in my hometown of Victoria BC Canada. There is a great connection between Kip and Whitey and myself. Us Canadians like to know that there is some good Canuck bloodlines in that Webb family. Great people all of them!

Steve

Clive,

You mean this guy? I found him trying to hide out on section 7...

I'll post some photos of the other Pros when I get a minute to spare.

Heres a couple of Cody. I may have some good ones on Pat and the others

also. Pat really bounced back on Sunday and rode at top form as we all know

he is capable of.

Interesting note is the fact that Kip's father, Whitey Webb (Grandfather of Cody)

was the guy who got me interested in Trials. Few know of the long history of the

Webb family in Trials and what an influence they have had. Another piece

of history is the effect Clive's dad, Derek, has had on me (as well as all of Northern

Californian Trials) and how much he taught me about setting up a Trial and how

to make sections both fun and challenging. I owe a lot to both these people.

Jon

"Jon:

Was just re-reading through this old post of yours and saw you mention Whitey Webb! He still lives here in my hometown of Victoria BC Canada. There is a great connection between Kip and Whitey and myself. Us Canadians like to know that there is some good Canuck bloodlines in that Webb family. Great people all of them!

Steve"

Great news! Tell Whitey hi for me, but it's been so many decades he may not remember me (heck, sometimes I don't remember me.....).

Whitey was at the PITS booth for a big motorcycle show at the Cow Palace in South San Francisco I went to after getting out of flat tracking. His passion and dedication to Trials was infectious and got me interested in trying it. The rest, they say, is history. The meeting was casual, but looking back, had a dramatic (and positive) impact on my life, that's for sure.

He may be part of the reason I like to go over and meet new riders at our events and take them out to ride their first Trial, showing them the rules and give them a short lesson in riding and reading sections. I had been involved in a lot of types of motorsports competition up to meeting Whitey, and he was so different from the gunfighters I had previously competed with, as were all the other people I first met in Trials, that I figured I had found a "home", which after 39 years, is more true than ever.

Jon