Betarev50

betarev50

Have had this beta rev 50 2003 since xmas but not had it running right yet !!

The bike ticks over just fine whilst not riding around but as soon as you engage a gears and start riding the revs drop,

Generally when on the throttle it runs ok but as soon as my son tries slow sections the bike appears to bog down.Needs blipping to keep from stalling!

Checked all the carb setting were standard and clean but no joy. Tried various jetting changes and even another carb still the same problems.

mix 70:1 bp5es plug as recommended.

Strange things is when back out of gear idle loverly but very fustrating.

Anybody out there had similar problems or any ideas please?

Cheers Kev

No this is a geared bike just moved up from minitrial.

Seemed to have a bit of luck earlier turned mixture screw out from 1 turn to 3 turns and it ran better in garden only but will try properly soon.

I was also thinking there could be resistane in gear, The bike has a safety feature so it dosent start in gear and was wondering if that could possible

effect anything if faulty?

What oil are you using? Synthetic is to strong for the 50 cc.

we have had good results with a quality Mineral 2 stroke 70:1 still, . number 5 plug is good and re pack the exhaust no better .

Air screw is 3 turns out on ours.

Hope this helps

What oil are you using? Synthetic is to strong for the 50 cc.

we have had good results with a quality Mineral 2 stroke 70:1 still, . number 5 plug is good and re pack the exhaust no better .

Air screw is 3 turns out on ours.

Hope this helps

Used Castrol XR77 with no problems so I don't see that as a cause. Air screw I do agree on.

Have heard about running on a mineral oil as well. What sort do you use?

Also what gear oil are you using ? Believe it is 800-850ml !

Tried bike tonight it runs fine at low revs now but bogs if you try to open throttle quicky tried mixture scew in both directions but didnt seem to help?

Pilot jet is clean !!

Any ideas guys

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Just for anyone who has similar running problems the fault was the coil pack.

Now it has been replaced the bike runs like new. The bogging wasnt ever to do with the carb it was the coil breaking down until it eventually

stopped running at all.

Hi

My son has had a beta rev 50 2003 for about a year now it has allways run well for a 50cc but from an 8 year old you never get complaints, it has allways started easily but a few weeks ago i started having problems with it cutting out and being a pain to start.

I changed the plug, cleaned the air filter, cleaned the tank and petrol tap and it still did not seem right so i stripped the carb. I noticed the needle had been put on top of the locking white bit of plastic not on top of the slide and the c-clip was on the second notch down i put the needle back in how it should be.

The tickover was fine but it bogged down until about 1/3 throttle. I changed the c-clip to the 3rd notch down and it is now much better.

I also took the reed valve block out and noticed that on the bottom set of petals i could see a gap so i will order some next week.

I have the normal manual but have not found the standard carb settings yet i run 1 1/2 turns out on the mixture screw.

We are out on monday for a test so i will see how it runs.

One bit of advice though unbolt the rad at the top and cable tie it or if anything hits the rad it rips the lug out of the rad, luckily i got my one ally welded today from a friend but it could be an expensive drop.

I have a few other tricks with the clutch to make it easier if you are interested to get kids started.

Rob