Shock Help Needed

tony27

I've just been asked by the beta importer over here to ask where to get a shock that will cope with being used on the chair, length needs to be 300mm between centres

Any help would be much appreciated as he needs it urgently

Got our wires crossed about where on the outfit the shock is for, it's to go in the bike itself. The bike is a 99 techno

They have used a standard shock with heavier spring which works well for a length of time before the spring overpowers the valving, any ideas on what he can do quickly.

What changes to the valving need doing or is there a shock available off the shelf that will do the trick?

Any help would be much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tony,

I'm guessing you want the outfit ready in time for the Kaikoura 3 day, so this would be a bit late now.

I have a road bike monoshock you could try out, is it for John?

This would have a heavier dampening rate than a trial shock and a stiffer spring too. It's off a Kawasaki 250 road bike. From memory it is 300mm between centres.

Ta ta, PeterB.

Hi Peter,

It was for John & he ended up using the shock he already had, has ordered 1 from TRP but it was too short notice to arrive in time

Good weekend with the saturday being fine & the rain on the other days only being overnight, seems like the rest of the island wasn't so lucky