Inter Center Team Trial

as iow

I would have thought that if the Centre can't afford to pay for the riders, it wouldn't be too much for the riders to travel to Wales and stop in a tent on their own budget. Put's them straight in for the good sport award I would have thought, if there was one??

Its not held in mid Winter.

So will it be the best riders that turn up, or the one's that can afford to go, who will pick the teams? Maybe the riders could put themselfs on Ebay and ride for the highest bidding centre. How could thay discribe themselfs on Ebay?

I don't know the ins and outs of the expenses involved, but 3 blokes in a van sharing fuel doesn't seem too expensive to me. At least it's not a Scotland trip for you.

I realise for those of you on the IoW there are extra expenses, but I can't see the problem for anyone else?

Surely the centre should be able to stretch to the entry fee, even if they have to ask for small contributions off clubs.

We can manage to send teams over to the fight club that is the ISDE, but can't manage a few hours up the road to Wales. Poor show.

the "saga" of funding inter centre is an old chestnut

trials has 3 teams to send (youth, adult and sidecar) plus the separate pre65 inter centre trial (with solo and sidecar teams).

now we (SEC) normally subsidise (IIRC) the riders and team manager, but it is still expensive .....

most modern people aren't up for all getting together in one transit and camping in a tent in afraid ........

anyway MX and Enduro haven't had an inter centre for some time (don't if grass track still does) so some *may* argue why should the centre spend money on them (personally any attempt to beat Yorkshire is worth the money)

also the southern centre was *involved* in the very costly (circa