Lefties Vs Righties

m4rt

Is theere any evidence that left handed riders are better at trials?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Is theere any evidence that left handed riders are better at trials?

• I am right handed.
    • I am left handed.

I would like to understand whom amongst us are right or left handed.

Do you think that one has an advantage over the other with respect to riding trials.

In the history of great trials riders does any body know for instance is

Jordi L or R H, Dougie L or R H etc.

Serious question with serious outcomes to the future of trials.

M4RT :)

Edited by M4RT

I would like to understand whom amongst us are right or left handed.

Do you think that one has an advantage over the other with respect to riding trials.

In the history of great trials riders does any body know for instance is

Jordi L or R H, Dougie L or R H etc.

Serious question with serious outcomes to the future of trials.

You can check, if you have a Dougie autograph, if its all smudged to the right...he's left handed.

Edited by HRC2002

Guest gasgastxtpro

Looks more liek your holding that pint with your left hand in your avatar.

Andy which photographer are you? Ive just watched sheffield, did u nearly get run over by Albert?

Villie

Andy which photographer are you? Ive just watched sheffield, did u nearly get run over by Albert?

Nope, I totally avoided getting almost hit this year. I learned my lesson after almost getting squished in front of 8000 people last year!

Big dopey looking bugger in a bright red fleece :(

Sorry Andy, but I had to laugh watching you on the telly.

In particular...

I think Freixa is riding the tree stumps section whilst you and half a dozen photographers are stood up with cameras glued to their faces. You finish your shot, check yer camera, casually look around and see that the 2 to 3 guys to your left are on their knees, poised for the next shot. You dropped down and lifted the camera up so quickly that you nearly knocked yourself out :)

I just wish I had taped it :o

Nope, I totally avoided getting almost hit this year. I learned my lesson after almost getting squished in front of 8000 people last year!

How come you're not on any of your photo's Andy?

:)

Big dopey looking bugger in a bright red fleece :(

Sorry Andy, but I had to laugh watching you on the telly.

In particular...

I think Freixa is riding the tree stumps section whilst you and half a dozen photographers are stood up with cameras glued to their faces. You finish your shot, check yer camera, casually look around and see that the 2 to 3 guys to your left are on their knees, poised for the next shot. You dropped down and lifted the camera up so quickly that you nearly knocked yourself out  :)

I just wish I had taped it ;)

This will be remembered when you come off Fersit with frozen bollocks looking for cozy gloves and a nice dry jacket..... Alternately I may just ban you :o

I'm pretty sure Doug is right handed. His throttle is on that side. :o

Guys

Just because the throttle is on the right hand side does not make you a righty. This poll will be very interesting as I am curious as to the majority of riders that are natuarly left handed how they manage good throttle control. Is the majority of our past champs right or left handed.

If you know Dougies is left handed then vote that way. Is Jordi right handed then vote that way.

Andy, are you waiting for a remark from me at the end regarding taking things into ones on hands so to speak? It wount happen :(

This is a real poll as I am interested in how lefties cope with right handed throttles.

well here goes my two penneth worth. i am left handed i ride bikes on a daily basis and have absolutely no problem with a throttle on the right. i know several people who ride "right handed" bikes but are naturally left handed. just as a closer i believe james toseland is a left hander and if that dont prove the point....

by the way roughly 356 left handed people are injured every year whilst having to use right handed equipment, tools etc etc ( hope all you right handers feel suitably guilty) :)

I think it makes no difference which way a rider dresses, left or right.

The poll should be...

I'm Left Handed and ride crap.

I'm Left Handed and ride ok.

I'm Left Handed and ride good.

I'm Right Handed and ride crap.

I'm Right Handed and ride ok.

I'm Right Handed and ride good.

This would then show that on average which riders are better.