Gas Gas 4t ?

hop blip and a jump

No idea what's happened to it. Assume that gasgas not releasing it until it's sorted

Congrats. to gasgas designer for 'thinking outside the box' and not following the well trodden OHC route with all it's complexity....

My lawn mower engine based on same design principle has 'run forever' with nothing more than routine servicing...Simple and reliable.

Just the job for trials use.

no shortage of 4rt issues nowadays...

have a look at the Montesa / mobile generator / 4rt forum

sure gas gas bikes dont last forever but nothing else does either

sure they last longer but maybe because nobody above clubman seems to ride one ? :rolleyes:

1) A Gas Gas that "runs forever" isn't that an oxymoron ?

2) A side valve isn't Outside the Box its' inside an Old Box.

Not sure the Lawnmower Tech is gonna help sell it......if they ever build it.

My guess it that it's the economic climate rather than technological limitations that are

delaying it's introduction.

My take on the sidevalve: http://www.gasgas.com/docs/gg_4str_stood.pdf .

Jon

My guess it that it's the economic climate rather than technological limitations that are

delaying it's introduction.

My take on the sidevalve: http://www.gasgas.com/docs/gg_4str_stood.pdf .

Jon

very interesting article jon, if more than a little over my head!! will be interesting to see how the bike turns out if it does go into production.

A low maintenance simple design 4 st. would no doubt appeal to some clubman class riders.

The 2 st. is obviously a popular clubman bike. Must have some redeeming feature.....

I chose TXT 200 because of power type & delivery which suited me.

Each to their own is my motto

Agree that economics has to come into it especially with present / future? recession..

Apart from minor "tinkering" I doubt that there will be any major design changes / radical ideas from anyone.

Existing castings will be no doubt be kept going for both metal and plastic parts, to avoid unnecessary retooling costs.

A low maintenance simple design 4 st. would no doubt appeal to some clubman class riders.

The 2 st. is obviously a popular clubman bike. Must have some redeeming feature.....

I chose TXT 200 because of power type & delivery which suited me.

Each to their own is my motto

Agree that economics has to come into it especially with present / future? recession..

Apart from minor "tinkering" I doubt that there will be any major design changes / radical ideas from anyone.

Existing castings will be no doubt be kept going for both metal and plastic parts, to avoid unnecessary retooling costs.

I would guess that the four-stroke would drop into the two-stroke frame easily due to it's size so one could have a

choice of engines. The programming of the EFI and ignition curves would allow a rider to choose exactly how the

engine would produce power and it should all be downloadable from the Internet.

Jon