Swm Rebuild Manual ?

turps

Can anyone help me please, I have just bought an 81 SWM 320. The problem is that the engine and gearbox came in a vaiety of boxes and many different parts. As I have never stripped one of these before I am not sure how to put it back together, has anyone got some exploded diagrams, perhaps on cd-rom that I could use this would be very helpful thanks. James

• 13 years later...

Hello!

I am looking for a Service Manual for a 1984 SWM Jumbo 350 TL (or something close).

I need to try to work out the cause of a "won't shift out of neutral" issue.

The link provided by Martin above no longer works.  

I'm looking in the Wayback Machine but that URL does not work there either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Scott A.
Indiana, USA

10 hours ago, MonzaVair said:

Hello!

I am looking for a Service Manual for a 1984 SWM Jumbo 350 TL (or something close).

I need to try to work out the cause of a "won't shift out of neutral" issue.

The link provided by Martin above no longer works.  

I'm looking in the Wayback Machine but that URL does not work there either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Scott A.
Indiana, USA

Does it shift easily with the engine off ?  If so, probably just clutch drag. What oil are you using, atf improves the smaller rotax's, plus a bit of technique 😁

On 8/3/2023 at 4:06 AM, b40rt said:

Does it shift easily with the engine off ?  If so, probably just clutch drag. What oil are you using, atf improves the smaller rotax's, plus a bit of technique 😁

Behavior is the same running or not. The lever move up and down to the stop and springs back to center. However, there is no feeling of the lever movement engaging the shift drum or moving gears.

Not having been into the trans and looking only at the attached diagram, I might venture to guess that perhaps the Pawl Positioning Screw (#40) is sheared and therefore not transferring the movement of the Transmission Actuating Lever (#36) to the Pawl Assembly (#37).

Just a guess…

MonzaVair

IMG_0320.jpeg