New Bike What To Check/change?

bobtlr

Hey,

i just got a new bike gasgas 2010 250, what should i check/change before riding?

i had a little ride yesterday and the front caliper came loose, should i check all bolts?

i also want to remove the lights and display, any tips here? is there a diagram how the wires should go when all non essential bits are removed?

should i grease the bearings or is this done in the factory?

what oil/fuel ratio to be used? (i'm used to 4stroke so i have no idea but 2% seems a lot to me)

best regards bob

Two stroke full synthetic 75ml to 80ml per 5Ltr is what i run. I would replace gearbox oil after 10 hours ride to ATF which is nice and thin but does a great job.

I would get some clear lacker/ varnish and paint the spoke nipples to help project them to from tarnishing and rust. Frame guards are a good buy to keep frame in decent condition and the rear silencer will need spacing out to avoid rubbing on the rear wheel.

hey

my bike makes a clattering noise when in neutral or when running on flat ground on idle speed

when i use the clutch or accelerate the noise stops is this normal the bike is 2 days old

best regards bob

Hey,

i just got a new bike gasgas 2010 250, what should i check/change before riding?

i had a little ride yesterday and the front caliper came loose, should i check all bolts?

i also want to remove the lights and display, any tips here? is there a diagram how the wires should go when all non essential bits are removed?

should i grease the bearings or is this done in the factory?

what oil/fuel ratio to be used? (i'm used to 4stroke so i have no idea but 2% seems a lot to me)

best regards bob

Check every bolt for tightness after a couple outings, I found quite a few not insignificant ones loose.

Oh, and my shifter fell off in a section. The bolt that holds it on needs to be tighter than you might think.

Enjoy the new bike!

my bike died and doesn't start anymore, i checked the sparkplug and it still gives a spark but not a very bright one, it looks a bit black to so mayby to rich?

i got a extra set of jets whit my bike. what should the jetting be its an 250 and it has an delorto carb 26 mm?

i live in Belgium nearly sea level, when it was running it was great, started first kick and idles nice no flat spots

so mayby just a faulty plug or jetting to rich? maybe mix screw not right? i didn't change anything yet.

best regards bob

Hiya Bob,

Ive got the same bike, the rear mudgaurd bolts fell out first ride so replaced them with cable ties. gear lever fell off so needed tightening right up. apart from that just systematically tighten everything on it after every ride. I use dexron III ATF in gearbox and it works well. 80:1 premix petrol/full synthetic 2 stroke

my engine sounds like a bag of hammers too, nothing to worry about as long as there is oil in there.

have fun,

kevo