Sherco

hannu

Hi

Just looking to get back into trials after a 30yr break, Looking at a 2005 Sherco 320cc 4t on e-bay, Any thoughts? are they any good? looks like its been little used with limited marks or damage.

i've done the same as you about a year ago after a 25 year break and got a Sherco 290 - it'll pull your arms off if you're not ready for it but once you tame it you'll love it - 250 would be a little tamer but i've no regrets going for the bigger bike, in fact glad i did

just my opinion

Tony

The 05 320 was the first 4 stroke model, they had a few issues with starting that the factory provided a upgrade kit to fix. Most bikes should have had it fitted so don't let that put you off

The 320 uses 95% of the 2 strokes running gear which means everything is well proven

From my experience I'd say that of all the 320s built the 05 is the easiest to live with for the average rider & should be a good starter bike

Have a good look at the bike & make your decision from there

I bought an 05 Sherco 320 as my first trials bike and for me personally, it was a mistake. Yes they can be a pig to start, but with experience you can surprise those people who think you cant do it! Mine had the later camshaft and hot start mod. There's a definite technique which once mastered, starting is a piece of cake. Nevertheless, a mistake for me, it was very torquey and powerful and got me into trouble a few times and I couldnt tame it without resorting to carb mods, flywheel etc so sold it on and bought a 250 Evo, which I love and is more than enough for my measly skills level. Not doing the Sherco down, excellent suspension etc but not for me, there are other threads on here which dont recommend it for a starter bike but as you are returning after a lay off you may be able to tame the beast!

Good luck either way

• 2 weeks later...

hi, I've not trialed for about 15 years, then about 4 years ago i bought a very tired (but cheap) 02 beta rev3, it was a bit of a pile of poo and didn't run that great, so after not using it for a few years i decided to get a decent trials bike so i could start trialling again. i ride a lot of enduro so i wanted something with a bit of go, so i started looking at the 4T's but eventually settled on a very tidy 07 Sherco 290. and i must say its everything i need. i just love the way it makes its power, dead easy to ride but with bags of torque. i looked at loads of used trials bike and my advice would be to buy the bike in the best condition you can find for your money and not worry to much about much else. if its a 4t then so be it. :rolleyes: