Tyre Review Or What Tyre

barfy

Should do a poll, like the mixture one :P

Always used to use Michelin but I'm on Dunlop (Birkett's recommendation) now. Very happy with the grip it was giving at the weekend on some pretty slippy stuff. Not bad considering it's lost quiet a bit of it's cutting edge on some road trials. The knobbles are still really soft.

Oz

Edited by ozz

Thanks betabonkers and ozz. I'm pleased that someone thinks the same as me about the IRC. My last one was fine, but this one either feels flat or needs to have so much pressure it lacks grip.

I liked the Dunlop that came on my Montesa. Either though it had seen better days the grip was ok unless it was really slippery.

Thanks for the pole. I think this will say how many use what tyre, but I'm still interested in views of say the Michlin X11 and X-lite compared to the IRC and Dunlop.

Thanks for the pole. I think this will say how many use what tyre, but I'm still interested in views of say the Michlin X11 and X-lite compared to the IRC and Dunlop.

Dont get me started on the x light ive had 2 and split them both open, i think they are just to thin.

Edited by betabonkers

Dont get me started on the x light ive had 2 and split them both open, i think they are just to thin.

Marketing scheme??? No real advantage, just playing on the perception that lighter is always better for trials??