Sacu Licences

g4321

Gordon

You're not the only one that's for sure I know of many including myself. I understand the SACU were having problems with the calendar that may be holding up the licences. We at the BAMCC were part of the problem with dates but that's long sorted. I think they were still working on the MX calendar too.

'Bigfoot'

Lets hope its all sorted out before the end of the month, otherwise there will be a lot of unhappy competitors (me included) having to lay out for day licences!

Hows the training going for the SSDT then? - the weather we have at the moment will be ideal for 'toughening you up' for all those bleak moor crossings.

Gordon

I'm sure your 2004 licence will be acceptable (at least in Scotland) if the SACU continue having problems getting the 2005 ones out.

The Calendar on the SACU site is not quite right so I'm guessing it's still being worked on.

as technically on renewal they are valid from 1st February!

How does this affect someone who has applied for a licence at the start of the year and wants to enter a trial before the 1st of Feb?

Would they need a day licence?

g4321

I applied for my licence on 14 Nov 2004. I phoned the SACU before the Ardersier trial and was told that motocross licences came first!! and that trials licences would be done later. Having explained that I applied mid Nov and, that I do not already have a licence, I asked what the situation was. I was told in no uncertain terms that I must take out a day licence.

Had I decided to ride at Peterculter (couldn't cos we were snowed in!) and at Ardersier, this would have cost me

Contrary to BigJohn's response I've not seen my licence yet. Has anyone got thiers yet?

Sue,

You can't start riding. We need you to observe. Only joking, welcome to the wonderfull world of blood, sweat and tears.

Remember though to always be polite to observers and never argue with them when you feel hard done by.

Bigfoot

Remember though to always be polite to observers and never argue with them when you feel hard done by

Mmmmm I'll certainly have to remember that! Mind you, there is not a lot of room for argument when the card is full of 5's and/or I'm upside down with a Gasser on my head!!

g4321

Will be at Woodside on Sun - the boys are riding - have to see what weather is like as it can be hard to stand on own two feet never mind ride if its been raining. I find it hard enough as it is!!

Edited by DanGleebitz

Big John wasn't far out. I finally recieved my new licence too. :wall: I dont think the new licence number will apply until 01/02/05 but I shouldn't think it will make much odds at Woodside on Sunday. C U There (hopefully a little less mud than last time)

Got my one when I got home last night. I never doubted that we would have them before the current one expired but I do feel for those who applied in Nov/Dec and had to pay for a day licence of trials between Jan 1 and now.