Handlebars Snapped

davet

Like it says too big a step and not enough height with front wheel, what a sight then snap went the handlebars.........

They were Hebo , are they the best to refit ? or renthal or domino/tommiselli which i have seen on websites..

Im after your preference its the 1st time for me so any info to steer me in the right direction " no pun intended "

cheers Dave.

bars today have a decent strength the wall thickness is plenty strong enough. your bars certainly broke today but the root cause is most likely several weeks months ago when the bike probably fell over or a heavy landing introduced a slight stress fracture which has lead to todays break. this was markedly so in the late 80's early 90's when i was cycling and manufacuers were making ever lighter bars ( i think the brand i was using got down to 130 grams at the time) they would just break in two for no apparent reason ( mine did once riding on a dual carraige way.) the lab they were sent to said that they had been previosly bent or slightly fractured most likely when the bike fell over or something as simple as leaning on the bike whilst the bars were leaning on a wall...

only one brand i'd ever buy for trials or anything else all those multi discipline world championships werent accidental

Edited by totalshell