Upgrade

nigel dabster

I'm no camera expert, to say the least. Just point and click, so I asked a similar question on here before xmas. I might at least be able to offer the laymans answer, to be ripped apart by the experts :)

Obviously I may have underestimated what you're after if you're up in the leagues of Andy and co.

I bought my lad one for xmas after getting some recommendations on here.

My own camera is a few year old Sony 2.1MPixel, which at the time cost about

Edited by bikespace

So the canon is ok for moving bikes and lower light?

Hi,

Actually Canon is one of the worst for low-light autofocus (to lots of Canon user utter annoyance).........I think Sony have a better AF system.

But if you are looking for a cheap but exciting good AF camera then actually the Ricoh cameras are causing a storm.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0501/05010401...h_caplior1v.asp

There is fierce debate from the Canon users on the Dpreview forums that a side channel outfit like Ricoh can beat Canon and lots of others to a better AF.

In saying all that, Canon is 2nd to none for picture quality.....and you can beat the bad AF with some attention to pre-focus n such.

Ian.

So the canon is ok for moving bikes and lower light?

Hi,

Actually Canon is one of the worst for low-light autofocus (to lots of Canon user utter annoyance).........I think Sony have a better AF system.

Didn't tell me that in December ya Ba***** :)

Seems a lot better than the Sony is, but that could just be the comparison of the two particular cameras.

Even taken pictures of the kids somersaulting around indoors at night, and got them in the air with no blur.

That Mustek deal sounds good though - where from TW???

We're going to upgrade ours as well soon. Would rather get one that takes compact flash cards though - pinch them out of the Cisco kit then :(

Battery pack or rechargables?

Got it from planetmicro but there is quite a few web shops that sell it at that price There was very few if any reviews on the camera so I just bought one and took a chance It is a battery pack that powers it with a built in charger. Have a look at the mustek web site for full spec it takes sd or mmc. Sorry R2 no stills of you on your a** But plenty of video!!.