Engine Mounts

tom2010

begining to think that your not gonna be a happy bunny :banana2:

first of all try the rectifier lampkins send you - it is possible to get a dodgy component.

1. with the engine running short out the two wires to the thermostat - use a mulitmeter and check if you have DC 12v on the outer poles of the rectifier

IF YOU HAVE .. then the fault is between the rectifier and the fan or the fan its self.

2. IF YOU HAVENT then with the motor running use a multimeter on AC and check for voltage between the yellow from the stator and the frame of the bike

(i believe its about 70Vac, not 100% sure as i cant check my one still not back from motoplat).

3. IF THERE IS AC then try 1 again but leave out the regulator (if regulator is faulty it could cause a straight through short on the AC circuit) if the fan spins up then its the regulator - dont run it for long as the voltage to the fan could go well over 12volts.

4. if the fan still does not spin then short out the wires to the thermostat onto the cylinder head or frame then if the fan starts its deffinatly a earth problem. probably the wire from the thermostat to frame.

5. if there is no AC at all then its time to have a chat with steve at motoplat to arrange to get the stator tested and probably rewound (