Beta Techno Fork Swtich

beta_trials

Hi this is going to be a tricky one. I have a 94 Beta Techno with the upside down forks on it. What i want to try to do is find one a techno in a later year that has the conventional fork setup and swap the whole front end assembly. A: is it possible to do so. B: where should i start looking. Reason im looking to do this is to stop loosing my front brake due to leaky fork seals. and gravity is not helping with the matter. My current forks are in great condition with no scratches in the forks at all. The seals are just old and are about to be replaced. MY seals have not been replaced since the bike was new. If the seals are changed regularly does this solve having a front brake coated in fork oil?

Well im taking over the bike from its last owner and am cleaning it up and trying to maintain it better than they did. This bike is also in exellent condition as is. Like i said this is the first time the forks have been off the bike since new and a new set of seals and oil for them.

Edited by beta_trials

I wouldnt spend the money for a fork swap unless the forks are bent or unrepairable. Fixem so they hold oil and save your money for a newer bike. The way your riding your going to want a more current bike in the near future.

• 4 months later...