Stiff Kick Start

proc

out riding last night and my 200 stoped dead at start of a section would not start now matter how many times i kicked it, left it a while and noticed that the kick start had gone dead stiff so thinking it had siezed pushed it back to the van and came home rather p****d off! just had the head off it and piston is moving fine but the kickstart is still deadly stiff then frees off towards the bottom. now i'm confused as to what it is any help would be greatly appreciated? :banana2:

Could be something binding inside the gearbox, could be the crank, could be a warped cylinder, could be many things.

Need a few more details;

How did the bike die? (slowly, fluffing, hunting, suddenly, with a bang, with a grinding noise ect)

What were the conditions of the section. Wet? Dry? Dusty?

Have you checked your reed block?

Have you checked your magneto for movement/crap behind?

Did you check your coolant level before removing the head?

Did you check your oil level?

Best of luck,

Jamie

it was like it had run out of petrol, it was p***ing it down, checked coolant and was full still the gear box oil is full and brand new as only just been changed cheers for that will check them this aft and will be back if it still not right :banana2:

another slight problem tightened mag back up now everything is back to normal good spark and kickstart has gone back to how it was but the bike just wont start now will kick over about 7-8 times then backfire but wont fire up, would i be right in thinking the woodruff key is sheared?

• 2 weeks later...