Scotland: 12/13 March

bwolfe

Well, it looks like i'm going to be working in Edinborough for 2 weeks in march. That gives me a free weekend..

Any local events could come out to? Not necessarily to ride (haven't been riding this year. i'd ride crap!)

i was thinking i might stay an extra day and go to Belfast for the indoor (saturday after). Then fly home sunday. Something tells me that plans' not going to fly with the wife though...

--

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe

Senior Support Engineer, Macromedia

Flash Senior Escalation Engineer

Owner, MEGAMO MIDWEST - Megamo Biketrial Bikes! Support TEAM MEGAMO MIDWEST!

Webmaster: http://www.wisconsintrials.org, http://www.madisonmotorcycleclub.org, http://www.megamousa.com

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the Scottish Motorcycle Show is on at Ingliston

When the Scottish Motorcycle show was run by Robbie Allan it was an excellent event to visit but it has gone seriously downhill in the last couple of years when the management/owners changed.

Dont know if I would recommend a visit or not any more?

Edited by g4321

the Scottish Motorcycle Show is on at Ingliston

When the Scottish Motorcycle show was run by Robbie Allan it was an excellent event to visit but it has gone seriously downhill in the last couple of years when the management/owners changed.

Dont know if I would recommend a visit or not any more?

Well, look at it this way. I have to spend the weekend, I know like 3 people in the entire country. So any motorcycle show would be better than sitting in the hotel or shopping.

Now, if I could swing some way to -ride- a club trial that Sunday that would make the whole trip. Anybody have any ideas on bike rental?

So moto show on Saturday, Club trial on Sunday and then maybe stay an extra night in Belfast and go to world indoor the following weekend. This trip is starting to sound worthwhile!

Bentley

Well, look at it this way. I have to spend the weekend, I know like 3 people in the entire country.  So any motorcycle show would be better than sitting in the hotel or shopping.

Bent - I ain't letting you get so close and not hook up. I'm not about much at the mo, but drop me a line offline and we'll sort something out.

Well, look at it this way. I have to spend the weekend, I know like 3 people in the entire country.  So any motorcycle show would be better than sitting in the hotel or shopping.

Bent - I ain't letting you get so close and not hook up. I'm not about much at the mo, but drop me a line offline and we'll sort something out.

I couldn't remember quite where you were. I'll get in touch soon (when I can get our from under this huge pile of work..)

bbbent

Check out www.xboost.co.uk they have private land to ride, bikes to rent, the lot. Take your kit and licence ad you should be good to go. They are 13 miles outside Edinburgh

I think you may have just made my day. Thanks!

Bent

Check out www.xboost.co.uk they have private land to ride, bikes to rent, the lot. Take your kit and licence ad you should be good to go. They are 13 miles outside Edinburgh

XBoost disappointed me. I contacted them re going out and doing a free feature on them and the services on offer. Never even bothered to reply.

I think the Inverness club are planning to hold a trial at Cannich on the 13th. Its a bit of a trek from Edinburgh, about 3 to 4 hours drive but if you can make it up then I might be able to get a bike for you. Big John should be able to help you out with riding with the club for just one day maybe? Its your call, you could try and persuade Andy to do a 'Trials Central Photo Feature'!

If you wanted to come up on the Saturday then I could probobly sort you out with a bed too. Might involve beer drinking though! :ph34r:

Edited by boofont