A & B Final Round

nigel dabster

on here front page http://www.trialscentral.com/cms/showartic...?articleID=5829

The championship for first place was subject to a couple of protests in the A class, but mention should be made of luke Walker (Sherco) who competed for the first time in the A's and would have finished 3rd had he not ridden out of class, having already wrapped up the B class champs.

As the results stand Chris Short beats Richard sadler on the last round result as both were tied on points and wins.

It's down to second places and Richard wins on the count back. Not impressed with the feedback I have been getting. Sadler had a five despite staying in the flags due to a very dubious "outside the line" decision. It wasn't taped off initially but was by the second lap and the Observer then warned subsequent riders which he did not do for Sadler. The clerk of the course who was dealing with the matter also was overheard saying that Richard could have the time penalties back which didn't happen. I also understand a rather "underhand" attempt was contemplated to get Richard excluded which appears to be "unsporting".

As for the trial the problem of section length was mentioned again. The sections were very tight and mostly very long sending many "out of time" despite completing the sections. Something that I saw first hand last year which seems to have continued.

All in all disappointing to hear after what was a good event last year.

As for the trial the problem of section length was mentioned again. The sections were very tight and mostly very long sending many "out of time" despite completing the sections. Something that I saw first hand last year which seems to have continued.

I think that having long sections is ok as long as you dont have to hop around which happened a lot in A class. The B class sections were fine due to the fact that most were straight and enabled you to keep on the move.

I can't really comment on the Youth A sections, but the youth B seemed fine. Not too terrible for the lesser riders but technical enough to steal

points from the top lads.

Great Venue, good facilities, sections not too far apart. I really enjoyed it. Best round of the year for me and the lad. Shame it's soo far away !