Rev 3 Coolant

steam

Use ONLY 100% synthetic coolant or the water pump will start leaking due to "cavitation" of the magnesium side cases not liking water. NEVER mix water with coolant or use 50/50 coolant. I know,,,,,learned the hard way. There should be a warning label attached to Beta bikes!

mm

Silkolene Pro Cool, Engine Ice, any of the propylene glycol based coolants that come premixed are fine. You have magnesium cases and any ionic contaminent from tap or spring water will corrode the cases due to electrolytic action. In an emergency, and I stress EMERGENCY, you can use tap water but you have to flush the system out afterwards with the proper coolant.

Silkolene Pro Cool, Engine Ice, any of the propylene glycol based coolants that come premixed are fine. You have magnesium cases and any ionic contaminent from tap or spring water will corrode the cases due to electrolytic action. . . .
I have been using the Silkolene Pro Cool since having to replace my side case from the cavitation and so good so far. It was one of the coolants that was recommended to not harm the magnesium, but I was not aware that adding water to it would cause damage. I haven't done that, but very good to know.