Mont 4t

stuhrc

Curious, have a program from Quaife gearboxes that when you enter in all the gear ratios (which are in the manual), sprocket sizes, plus the rpm it gives you an accurate speed for all gears. Just looking to see what it will do flat in fifth on the road in Scotland if I'm running late........ :angry:

That sounds like a very handy program, where did you get it?

Thursday morning at last years SSDT, John Lampkin geared my bike up so that I could make some time up on the road - too slow across the moors :angry:

He fitted a front sprocket that had an extra 2 teeth (11T to 13T I think). I remember him saying that you lose 1st gear but gain a 7th gear. Most of the sections can be ridden in 2nd up there so all I had to do was ride them in 1st gear.

I had it flat out in 7th for all the roadwork on the Thursday and Friday and can honestly say that it makes for a *very* quick trials bike. I think Ishy's brother did the same down Silsden bypass and was clocked by his mate at 83mph who was following him in a car :D

Kinell, goto http://www.quaifeamerica.com/ and then go to downloads & then QSpeedCalc (643KB).......

It's great, even by guessing the revs, you can see speeds for all gears, and then by playing with the sprocket sizes see the differences. You need rolling diametre of tyre (2180mm I think, must re-check!!), but also all the gear ratios...... We use it quite a bit for the race-cars, very handy to have.