Oil Leek

thomastomsk

hi there ,went to the 2007 txt pro 300 raga to night and it had an oil leek because the clutch casing bolts had come loose part of the gaskit was sticking out.i slid the gaskit back in tightend the bolts and re filled with oil and it seems alright, is it normal for them to come loose and would it do any harm if i locktight them in place.

That is SO freaky, the excact same thing happened to mine. I wasn't going to post anything about it after all the hassle iv'e had with my bike latley. Iv'e had to order a new gasket though for mine, infact i ordered two from different suppliers just incase one was late delivering before the weekend, i'm going to adjust my gear lever spring and replace the seals in the top hat while the clutch cover was off. i did a quick check on the clutch finger height and seemed to only get 14mm so chances are it will need replacing in the near future. Unless it goes shortly it can wait till the winter months. I was so happy to have my bike running again i took it out for an hour and came back only to find gearbox oil everywhere. Sod's law eh!

you would probably be worthwhile ordering a new one for yours just incase.

That is SO freaky, the excact same thing happened to mine. I wasn't going to post anything about it after all the hassle iv'e had with my bike latley. Iv'e had to order a new gasket though for mine, infact i ordered two from different suppliers just incase one was late delivering before the weekend, i'm going to adjust my gear lever spring and replace the seals in the top hat while the clutch cover was off. i did a quick check on the clutch finger height and seemed to only get 14mm so chances are it will need replacing in the near future. Unless it goes shortly it can wait till the winter months. I was so happy to have my bike running again i took it out for an hour and came back only to find gearbox oil everywhere. Sod's law eh!

you would probably be worthwhile ordering a new one for yours just incase.

Now i'm freaked out - happened to me today aswell, exactly the same circumstances as first poster. First time I've ever seen this problem posted.

Edited by shercoman2k8

not had the bike long,,,and with other bikes i have had in the past i have never had the case bolts vibrate loose before,,,going to order a new seal,,,and check the bolts after every ride,,,,,the way its going i think it is going to be a very short relasionship with the gasgas,,,,fingers crossed for my first trial on it this weekend...tom

not had the bike long,,,and with other bikes i have had in the past i have never had the case bolts vibrate loose before,,,going to order a new seal,,,and check the bolts after every ride,,,,,the way its going i think it is going to be a very short relasionship with the gasgas,,,,fingers crossed for my first trial on it this weekend...tom

Nah don't say that, just think of it as your ironing out the creases. you'll feel alot happier after you've had a little while :D

Shercoman2k8, this is getting freaky lol

I'm pretty sure it's from the clutch cover gasket. It only leaks when its running. I think the top/rear of the gasket is wrecked and when its running, the clutch slings oil and it gets out that way and runs to the bottom. Not confirmed but that what i'm thinking. I'm hunting a gasket now..... And someone around here that can tig to fix my mid-pipe...