Gas Gas Gear Box

jeeves88

Now then this has probably been covered before, however tis a bit strange

the gear box on 06 gas gas, went for a ride in a trailer and got it out put it in first and it got stuck in first, as in the gear lever wouldnt go down but you could pull it all the way up and there was nothing

rode trial still nothing, just had a ploddy day

bit annoyed put it back in trailer drove home, and it came out of gear and appeared to be fine the little i just rode it around

now i was advised it was some random little bearing something to do with the selectors, however with it coming out i was thinking it just one of them things it got jammed, or is this the start of problems with that bearing or is it something else random?

Cheers Chris

ah i wouldnt want a tyz thanks! haha might never get set of to trial! bloody thing fixed itself like when i got home so riding round that time in first gear when i should have just chucked back in trailer and flogged it up and down road! hell knows y though

This is what i have just had to fix. Its a complete engine strip down and in the selector barrel is two rollers mounted on what looks like a chain link. The link bends slightly and the result is usually going oneway on the gearbox and unable to return. Its not to bad a job to do and GasGas gave me plenty of good advice so my first engine strip and rebuild went ok.

that sounds like a job, that will wait till it has to be done! it was the first time i got on bike for a month so im hoping itll atleast go a year! we can always hope anyway!

thanks for the advice

na i never bothered with last lap, decided it was way too much effort in first gear all the way around! i call it a sucessful retirement!

chris