Rev 3 Overflow Pipes

jamesgi11

K now I'm confused. My problem at the minute is that I can't fill the rad up. So I've popped the plastic cover out of the frame and cap off. Then when I poor the water in it is running straight out of one the little pipes by my the swing arm.

Any ideas?!?

Firstly the two pipes by your swingarm are gearbox breather and flywheel breather.

Your problem could be your water pump seal has gone or inner clutch cover has corroded and as soon as you put the water in the radiator it's coming striaght back out of the gearbox breather, what is your gearbox oil like? milky?

i suppose we need to know a couple of things, how old is your beta and how long have you had it?. i'd drain the oil into a clean tin/ pan/jar/ vase and check it out.. nice and clean and oily ( even black as long as it has no bits in it) is ok and you can either refill with new or put the old stuff back in. assuming the oil was ok try to refill the rad again this time slowly pour the water in and check to see if the water level is rising and water is going down the overflow tube ( i think though that some if not all rev3 have the overflow on top of the cap) if water is coming from elsewhere ie the pipe by the rear wheel it must be coming from the gearbox and sadly your water pump need checking out.. search this site thier are plenty of rewferences to water pumps on rev3's