Rd 8 Peak Classic Trials Club Championship And Acu Championship Vickers Farm Rileys Railway Tilton Leics Sunday 19th

Just a reminder for your diary that this Sunday 19th Peak Classic Trials Club in conjunction with Loughborough and District are holding round 8 of their club championship away from their usual stomping ground of the Peak District National Park and are playing away in darkest Leicestershire. So instead of the usual rocks mud and steep grassy banks will be the challenges on offer for the day. Also for a change modern bikes will be allowed to compete for this event only as Loughborough and District is a modern bike club however the trial will be as always run as a no stop event i.e. you cease forward motion you get a five. Simples :lol:

Last year when we held this event for the first time a lot of the modern competitors seem to have been confused by the concept but hopefully 12 months on they will be able to get their head around it. Last years event produced some surprise results as a lot of the Matlock "mafia" failed to make the pilgramage down south so we will have to wait till the day to see who makes the long haul down to Vickers farm Rileys railway Tilton on the Hill. With some of the categories in the Club Championship quite close there is an opportunity for some riders to close some gaps so should be a good day out.

The course setters have promised some long steep climbs and going by the weather forcast they may be slippery as well so chance to let the bike rip in second for a change. Also as it is a round of the East Midlands Centre ACU Classic Championship the sections will be laid out with that in mind. You have been warned :rotfl: Clubman route will be as usual severity, so i have been assured, as last time the ACU Championship Clubmen had to ride the 50/50 route. Best to double check with the organisers on the day or collar Roland Slack as he's the ACU man ;)

As usual the PB Trialsport van will be in attendance for your spare parts though sadly the Burger van will no longer be attending as it has been sold. Donna would like to thank all her past customers for their patronage but sadly it was not financially viable so bring a flask and sandwich. Sorry chaps :D

Start will be at the usual time of 11.00 am classes for Pre 65, Twinshock (defined as per ACU Championship rules), Air Cooled pre 95 monoshocks (defined as per ACU Championship rules) and modern bikes and there is loads of parking so come along and enjoy the change of scenery.

Edited by Old trials fanatic

Are last years results archived anywhere? I observed last year and my dad and mate both rode. Never managed to get any results (other than the top few in each class), they probably aren't bothered anymore but if they're available I'll print a set off for the pair of them.

Are last years results archived anywhere? I observed last year and my dad and mate both rode. Never managed to get any results (other than the top few in each class), they probably aren't bothered anymore but if they're available I'll print a set off for the pair of them.

Just checked and sorry but i wasnt doing the results then only the write up for T&MX so i havent got a copy.

Hope to see you there again this Sunday :lol:

Just checked and sorry but i wasnt doing the results then only the write up for T&MX so i havent got a copy.

Hope to see you there again this Sunday ;)

No worries, think they've forgot about in now anyway :D Sadly I won't be there, am up in Newcastle for the Novagar round. Had just had knee surgery last year so decided on a day observing instead. Remember having a few grumpy customers who weren't too happy at getting fived for stopping though :rotfl: Hope the weathers at good as last year for you :lol:

the result last year was quite amusing,top six places went to fat old blokes on fat old bikes

seems the modern crowd could`nt cope with no stop

this year will be 15 sections,hopefully there will be enough observers !!

I got one of them old blokes getting aggressive with me for 5'ing him and not letting him re-ride it. Thought I was going to have to fight him off with my crutches :lol: Good luck getting the observers