Trials Boots

crash

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

:thumbup: Cheers, was thinking about them. :thumbup:

I wear sidi crossfires MX boots with a pivot ankle, i find them fantastic for trials, they also offer more 'all over' protection than my old trials boots while still staying flexible.

Not cheap but they last for years, also worth a look are Forma Dominators [again with a pivot ankle].

I sometimes arrive home after riding enduro bike (fast forest roads)and cant resist a garden practice on trials bike and cant be bothered changing boots my enduro boots are sidi tae flex with the pivot ankles and its not the boots thats the (my)problem wearing them for trials the uppers offer superior protection and the pivot ankles make them posssible to use for trials, its the soles there is no feel at all (I like or must be able to feel the pegs and gear shift but mainly rear brake)to ride trials and as for walking up and down muddy slopes the soles are designed to slide going forward a have the minium of grip rear (for pushing )so walking up hill is possible but dodgey, down hill is impossible (unless backwards),likewise its dangerous /impossible to ride fast off road in trials boots.far to supple uppers and grppy sole for foot sliding cornering so its horses for courses as the saying goes. If i was in your boots(ha ha pardon the pun)I would get a pair of flexible or pivot moto x/enduro boots and have em resoled with a trials or walking boots sole , it must be possible? if you can find an old fashioned cobblers shop and ask for advice ,excuse the waffling hope its some help