More Beta Questions.

cabby

I have done a search on this but have found varying answers, so....

Oil mix for a 2005 270 please.

Also...

Any idea what this machine might be worth, ball park area ? C&S good, general condition good, but could do with new boots, so an approx value.

80ml oil to 5000ml petrol, whatever that is.

wouldnt like to guess the value, so so varaible at that age, anything from 1000 rough to 1500 very tidy i'd say

check the inside of your water pump case for corrosion asap, see the millions of threads on here about it.

try to confrim if its had a new stator, but even thats no guarantee the replacement wont fail.

check the carb air pressure breather on the exhaust side is not melted 'closed' (slide some electricains heat sheilding over it)

tip - dont sit facing down hill on it with the fuel on without the engine running.

after that nowt specific to watch out for in my experience

enjoy

Corrosion very likely on an 05, I know personally of at least x2 07's and x1 05 that have suffered from it. 08 production onward is OK, apparently.

Check out that casing, easily done and replaced, and not too expensive compared to the DNF and possible resultant failure and overheat damage.

They all have their foibles, check it over then get it chucked at some rock!