Gearbox Ratio's

kinell

Following on from Stu's post in the Montesa section...

Does anybody know the maximum RPM's a 2005 Beta will rev to? and where do I find the gearbox ratio's for each gear? Looked at the tech specs on the Beta websites but no joy...

Cheers :angry:

This maximum R.P.M issue......... Does anyone hold it on full tilt going up Glencoe..........I don't think so :):hyper:

I go up 1 tooth on the front on my Rev-3 Kinnel, do everything in 1st, even ''Witches''.

Quick enough on the road, it is alright giong to 13T, or even 14T as some have in the past, goes like hell on the road.......................................and in the sections aswell :angry::D

See you in May

This maximum R.P.M issue......... Does anyone hold it on full tilt going up Glencoe..........I don't think so :hyper:  ;)

I go up 1 tooth on the front on my Rev-3 Kinnel, do everything in 1st, even ''Witches''.

Quick enough on the road, it is alright giong to 13T, or even 14T as some have in the past, goes like hell on the road.......................................and in the sections aswell :angry:  :D

See you in May

I'm way too slow across the moors, every man and his dog passes me even when I think I'm flying along. I need the extra speed for when we hit the tarmac as that is the only place I can catch up a little. Last year, out of the 30 sections on the Friday I probably only walked 5-10 of them, the rest got a quick glance before I rode them :hyper:

I left 1 minute after Ishy on the Thursday morning and went straight round to the Beta van - between me John and Gary we pulled the cover off, swapped the front sprocket, added a link and a half to the chain, adjusted the rear wheel, topped the coolant up, replaced the rear brake toe and fitted a front mudguard flap, this probably took us about 10-12 minutes.

I knew I needed to make some time up so I thrashed the tits off it on the way up to Chairlift. I passed loads of riders and cruised past Ishy before the fuel stop. I arrived at the first group with a big cheesy grin, lit a ciggie up and waited for Ishy :D Friday was twice as bad, I had blue coolant shooting out of the overflow and hitting me in the face, mind you it was a warmish day :)

As for the gearing, I tend to ride too slow in sections so having a faster 1st gear is more of a help than a hindrance. After Scotland I dropped down 1 tooth to a 12T and have ridden it like that ever since without too many problems in club trials.