UTE Cup

kramit

I am somewhat disappointed to see the RMTA is using age to determine the winner of the UTE Cup. I read the Article (in T.C. newspaper)and understand their reasoning, but believe it is wrong. Would it not be possible to incorporate a couple of very difficult sections in the Trial to possibly separate the top riders. Such a Classic event should be scored equally among the entry, at least for the top award.

I am somewhat disappointed to see the RMTA is using age to determine the winner of the UTE Cup. I read the Article (in T.C. newspaper)and understand their reasoning, but believe it is wrong. Would it not be possible to incorporate a couple of very difficult sections in the Trial to possibly separate the top riders. Such a Classic event should be scored equally among the entry, at least for the top award.

Why does this bother you? This was not in Cali, they do not have to attend to minorities in CO! :thumbup:

Edited by copemech

Everyone I heard discussing the age tie breaker rule in the pits thought it was a great idea. IF Keith, didn't like the new rule, he certainly didn't let it show at the awards ceremony. I was more impressed with him because of his attitude at the awards ceremony than if he'd won the event in a ride off.

I haven't read the tie-breaking rules lately but it used to be at the sole discretion of the Trialsmaster to select the way to break ties. I remember a very high-level Trials decided at Hollister Hills in California by a wheelie contest.

AHRMA "classic" events are held under the same rule as I remember. The famous Geritol Trial that PITS puts on each year uses age as an element of score so the concept of age in selection of the winner is not unusual.

Jon, the older I get, the better my chances of winning....:)

First I will preface my statement with this one:

I am not totally familiar with the exact situation.

Trials is about the ability to control a motorcycle, not how long you have existed on this planet.

So any tie breaker should be based on ability to control the motorcycle. I.E. section ride off, Wheelie contest, bunny hops, balance contest, being able to urinate into a gas can 5 feet away while doing a nose wheelie. etc. etc.

Edited by ZIPPY

Trials is about the ability to control a motorcycle, not how long you have existed on this planet.

So any tie breaker should be based on ability to control the motorcycle. I.E. section ride off, Wheelie contest, bunny hops, balance contest, being able to urinate into a gas can 5 feet away while doing a nose wheelie. etc. etc.

Now THAT made me laugh, and I tend to agree with it pertaining to non-AHRMA events.

Jon