Rt 4 Ristrictors

dsa

The factory will soon sort it.

When the bike was being developed they probably tested the noise level saw it was well below limits and for all intent and purpose met the required level.

They could very well have a mega quite unit ready to go, but having to first pass HRC's test before becoming stock equipment.

The other factories can test a component on the bike and if it does the job then it's sorted without having to do all the test HRC, probably require.

Not only how it sounds but how it looks is a big factor, why spoil the looks of a good looking bike for the sake of a little patience.

We saw how they stopped production for a small bolt or whatever a few weeks ago at a time of high demand, will they stop production again to fit a different silencer or wait until the 06 production run, I don't know! but the more you scratch the spot the worse the itch will be in the end.

I think everyone will agree the bike is quite until it is opened up, so if riders just use a bit of common sense when riding in sensitive areas they can avoid a lot of conflict.

In answer to your question Munch Sandifords have issued a ammended hrc set-up sheet to all the dealers covering all the ristrictors. Ristrictor between throttle body and head (intake). Collar A front exhaust, Collar B middle box and the the spark arrestor. All bikes should have the intake restrictor taken out by the suppliing dealer and for a full power version all the restrictors removed. Sandiford state that on team bikes they are leaving in collar A front exhaust and the spark arrestor but removing middle box collar B. this was back in December.

Anyone know what the FIM noise limit is?

I always run my Husky MX with the quiet insert (94db) in the FMF silencer. The noise difference to the 98db insert is considerable and it's still quieter than most of the Jap bikes that people run and leave the silencer packing alone all year.

More noise = less places to ride.