Fitted new Michelin front tyre

steve1979

I did not think fitting a new front tyre could be so awkward. Took the old one off no problem, cleaned up the rim and tape etc and proceeded to refit the new tyre. I thought i had it on right, last night and when i went to fit the wheel back on the bike i noticed some of the tyre had not popped on properly and the same at the other side at the opposite position. So i let the air out and put fairy liquid around the rim and pumped her up to 70 psi to get her on all the way around. It say's max 33 psi so i was expecting a big bang lol. Anyway when i let the air back down to 6 psi it slips back off the bead. I've pumped her up again to 70 to get it back on allround and let it down to around 40 again and left it to sit. I washed all traces of soap off now so do you think if i leave it at this pressure for a day or two it will dry up and stay on the rim when i release it down to 6. Or is there something else i need to do.

Thanks in advance

Steve

I did not think fitting a new front tyre could be so awkward. Took the old one off no problem, cleaned up the rim and tape etc and proceeded to refit the new tyre. I thought i had it on right, last night and when i went to fit the wheel back on the bike i noticed some of the tyre had not popped on properly and the same at the other side at the opposite position. So i let the air out and put fairy liquid around the rim and pumped her up to 70 psi to get her on all the way around. It say's max 33 psi so i was expecting a big bang lol. Anyway when i let the air back down to 6 psi it slips back off the bead. I've pumped her up again to 70 to get it back on allround and let it down to around 40 again and left it to sit. I washed all traces of soap off now so do you think if i leave it at this pressure for a day or two it will dry up and stay on the rim when i release it down to 6. Or is there something else i need to do.

Thanks in advance

Steve

best thing to do invest in some tyre soap because fairly rots rubber also when putting tyre back on take the valve out and use compressor until it bangs and all beadings back in then jobs a good en .