Let The 4 Stroke Talk Begin

city trials

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GGers are realiable. Just the fit and finish kinda sucks. (spent 20 min putting my air filter and cover back on, yeesh, bad screws, design, and plastic :P )

Nobody interested in this info?

Everybody knows already it's a hoax but me?

Well, I personally don't care. I want them to stay with 2ts cause I just love mine. But we all have preferances and odds are, we'll all be on 4ts sooner than later cause of FIM. ;) Doesn't help that I'm from the USA so UK stuff doesn't mean much. I'll wait for the "press release"... :lol:

I'm also concerned about the noise the 4ts make. Our riding area is rather "sensitive" with horses, hikers, bicycles, and us trials ppl. My GG is pretty quiet and is hard to hear if kept below half throttle. Now the Monts that have started riding there... you hear this loud deep roar after they rev their engines that can be heard a long ways away, almost as bad as a Harley. ;) I mean, its so loud. :o

I have also heard along the grapevine that Gas Gas have produces a two stroke engine which produces LESS harmful emmissions than a Montesa 4T, so if this is true then why doesn't everyone stick to 2T rather than have a louder then life 4T?!?

I've heard stuff like that too, some 2ts(not just GG) have exhaust systems that equal or get "better" emissions. Not sure how that's possible, since the four stroke does not let any unburned fuel out the exhaust port like a two stroke. Maybe we have to replace some filter thing on the new 2strokes to keep them up with 4ts "cleaniliness". I'd do anything to not be forced onto a 4t. :lol::P

Jesus, you probably being a spanish guy, you shld know :lol:

I been told that the first 4t will arrive this month to several dealers and that nov 27th will be the big day.

The engine is going to be a sidevalve. But i personally think it will be a sidepushrod headvalve engine. But we will see about that.

The trickiest part will be the flywheel as it has a sort of centrifugal system attached to it.

It will be a injection fuel system, and the airfilter will sit at the old tank location. fueltank is lowered for better balance. It is said that the weight will be approx 67.5 kgs :P Wauw....

Thanks gasgas,

belive me, we as, the gullible wife, will be the last to know.

These datas about the 4strokes engine are amazing.

electronic enjection

filter-tank upside-down

side-pushrods (sure)

What about electronic injection ?, is it batteryless as Hontesa 4rt ?

but, i can

Edited by jesusg9

Sorry, haven't seen any pictures yet, and probably nobody will untill the official press releases.

Still this year they will test a GG 4stroke.

The flywheel trick bit has something to do with the lack of snappiness a 4t experiences when needing quick power. It seems they have tried to fix that with a dual flywheel.

Edited by gasgas

no no honest. The source is the importer for holland, and he sounded sincere :D

lett's wait and see.

End of november we all know more, i hope.

Btw i am loving my 250cc pro 2002 and won't buy a 4t, but i find it awesome that they are busy with one.

I want: <_<

450cc, fuel injected, boost power button, weigh's as much as a nats-do-dar, has Raga Rep written all over it, is high reving and incorporates a power valve sytem (aka Yamaha exup). Has an after market tune kit with big bore piston, head, valves etc and the bike costs less than

Edited by spud

Boost power button? How about nitro? Hit the button and pfffff, rev it up and watch the bike explode in accleration as you go flying over that 7 foot splatter...

That'd be cool, but that 450 would be awfully heavy. :D