ACU licence query

metisse

Bonjour,

Two of us living in France would like to return and ride one of the ACU classic twinshock/pre 65 rounds next year, what vis a vis licences would we need/be avaliable to enable us to do this. Do we also need to join a club or a day membership etc etc..... We are both club members of an afiliated club here and also hold trials licences.

When we ride in Spain they have a recipricol type arrangement, allowing us just to pay an entry fee...Is there any chance that may be the case here.

Cheers in advance.

Went through this with a mate who lives in France last year , you have to be a member of an ACU affilliated club (i.e get your licence application signed/stamped) and then it's just atenner for ACU and pay (levy) per ride which is normally included in the entry fees for whatever events. I think it's asimple as that but you can always check with ACU who are pretty helpfull if you explain your situation, theres no point in making up stories etc because basically the licence /levy is an insurance "note" and must be based upon truthfull declarations etc etc. Don't think one day licences are practical here in view of minimal cost of annual licence @ £10 plus a club membership c. £5.0 The rules regarding using your FFM licence here I don't know about as it's insurance effectively ..probably no use. Bon Chance Gazzzzzzzzzzzzz

Just an afterthought wouldn't it be sensible if all European affiliated members could ride all european events with just one card/licence. I think it's probably asking too much for international insurance companies to come up with something usefull and simple, I suppose we would have to throw many people onto to the un needed pile!

Edited by chewy

Went through this with a mate who lives in France last year , you have to be a member of an ACU affilliated club (i.e get your licence application signed/stamped) and then it's just atenner for ACU and pay (levy) per ride which is normally included in the entry fees for whatever events. I think it's asimple as that but you can always check with ACU who are pretty helpfull if you explain your situation, theres no point in making up stories etc because basically the licence /levy is an insurance "note" and must be based upon truthfull declarations etc etc. Don't think one day licences are practical here in view of minimal cost of annual licence @