Manx 2 day

andat

I think it is European Comunity law and that mean's between 16-18 he can ride a 125.Best think is ask your guy's from your federation.In our country the 16-18 are only allowed tho ride up to 125 in the german championship.In local or clubtrial they can ride what they want.

Chrs:Mike

I think it is European Comunity law and that mean's between 16-18 he can ride a 125.Best think is ask your guy's from your federation.In our country the 16-18 are only allowed tho ride up to 125 in the german championship.In local or clubtrial they can ride what they want.

Chrs:Mike

The Manx 2 day is a "road" trial. On the UK mainlnad he will not be allowed to ride a 125 on the road until he is 17. However in the Isle of Man a 16 year old can ride a 125 on the road with a Provisional Licence. I simple need to know whether a 16 year old with a Provisional UK Mainland licence (for 50cc only) can ride a 125 on the road in the Isle of Man.

The Manx 2 day is a "road" trial. On the UK mainlnad he will not be allowed to ride a 125 on the road until he is 17. However in the Isle of Man a 16 year old can ride a 125 on the road with a Provisional Licence. I simple need to know whether a 16 year old with a Provisional UK Mainland licence (for 50cc only) can ride a 125 on the road in the Isle of Man.

I believe that you are governed by your country of origin, so that if you need to be 17 in England you need to be 17 when you ride abroad. I know that the IOM isn't strictly abroad but in terms of road law I think it is. Nigel Crellin rode & finished the Scott at 16, to the best of my knowledge. I also think that Spaniards have ridden the SSDT at 16.

Hello all!

The answer is yes, at 16 you can ride the Manx Two Day Trial as road traffic laws on the Isle of Man are different to the rest of the UK.

In terms of the UK licence being valid, I'm not sure to be honest but if is designates on it clearly that the limit is 50cc, then I feel it is unlikely.

A number of riders over the years have obtained an IOM provisional and ridden on L plates to get around the issue.

I personally passed both my car and bike tests at 16 :D. There are many advantages to living on the IOM when it comes to bikes ;)

Let me know if you need any more info (PM me).

Committee meeting for 2011 trial next Thursday!!!!

Cubby

Thanks for the advice. I think totalshell is right. Looking on IOM Gov website it says you can't drive/ride in the IOM with a provisional licence issued on the UK mainland. Oh pooo. He'll have to wait another year.