Looking for pubic riding land in AR KA MO OK TN TX

gotdirt

I love BBQ if the weather is looking best for AR on our new departure date (leaving MPLS on JAN 13th) I will definitely check it out.

Thanks for the warning on Keenan leading people astray. If I sense trouble coming I will veer of course and head directly to IMAJERK, hopefully the riding is somewhat safe inside the restaurant!

Bill

Edited by gotdirt

Changing the date for the last and final time! We just signed up for the Ryan Young School in February. So it's off to North Carolina we go.

I greatly appreciate the invitations from everyone and am looking forward to making a trip on a later date down to OK and AR. The research I have done on the locations everyone has recommended makes it a necessary trip.

Thank you very much,

Bill

Edited by gotdirt

Changing the date for the last and final time! We just signed up for the Ryan Young School in February. So it's off to North Carolina we go.

I greatly appreciate the invitations from everyone and am looking forward to making a trip on a later date down to OK and AR. The research I have done on the locations everyone has recommended makes it a necessary trip.

Thank you very much,

Bill

Bill,

I sent Amy a list of Trials club websites for Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri so you might make a club Trial if you are in the area. You are going to love Ryan's school.

Jon

• 2 months later...

TRIP REPORT:

We got back home from the Ryan Young class in Shelby, NC. The class was excellent, unfortunately I suck as a trials rider.

This was the first time on a trials bike in 30 years and back then my TY175 had a really cool thing called a "seat" mounted on top of it. The class was a 2 day event which I did about 30% of on the first day and about 15% of on the second day. The rest of the time I went off to a nearby field and practiced some very basic moves and took a lot of breaks.

My legs are still aching and my feet are not very happy. Long story short a trials bike is no street bike and demands a good level of physical condition which is an area I am lacking in.

Ryan is a excellent teacher with a way of wording his lessons that make it very easy to understand. I would recommend his class to anyone! The event was hosted at Tom's home he is of the local club members. He and his grandson Jake made everyone feel at home and made the trip even more enjoyable, I cant say enough good things about them and also about Jim, who is the local member that organized the event. If you get the opportunity to ride in one of the local events in this area be assured you will meet some really great people.

Bill

Edited by gotdirt

TRIP REPORT:

We got back home from the Ryan Young class in Shelby, NC. The class was excellent, unfortunately I suck as a trials rider.

This was the first time on a trials bike in 30 years and back then my TY175 had a really cool thing called a "seat" mounted on top of it. The class was a 2 day event which I did about 30% of on the first day and about 15% of on the second day. The rest of the time I went off to a nearby field and practiced some very basic moves and took a lot of breaks.

My legs are still aching and my feet are not very happy. Long story short a trials bike is no street bike and demands a good level of physical condition which is an area I am lacking in.

Ryan is a excellent teacher with a way of wording his lessons that make it very easy to understand. I would recommend his class to anyone! The event was hosted at Tom's home he is of the local club members. He and his grandson Jake made everyone feel at home and made the trip even more enjoyable, I cant say enough good things about them and also about Jim, who is the local member that organized the event. If you get the opportunity to ride in one of the local events in this area be assured you will meet some really great people.

Bill

No biggie Bill! You just gotta like to ride a bit. I felt the same way(and still do at times)just takes time on the bike.

Just sit on the fender about where the screws are if you get tired standing! :thumbup:

No biggie Bill! You just gotta like to ride a bit. I felt the same way(and still do at times)just takes time on the bike.

Just sit on the fender about where the screws are if you get tired standing! :thumbup:

I sometimes will move my heels up to the footpegs between sections on the fourth loop,changes the muscles that are holding you up and keeps the proper muscles fresh for the parts that count :icon_salut:

Edited by htrdoug