Dellorto "U" or "S" Idle Jet?

neo

Hi All,

Just fitting a Dellorto VHST carb to my bike and need to play with the jets a bit.

So with the Idle (Pilot) Jet ... does anyone know the difference between the "S" jets and the "U" jets?

Best balance.

Neo

Hi All,

Just fitting a Dellorto VHST carb to my bike and need to play with the jets a bit.

So with the Idle (Pilot) Jet ... does anyone know the difference between the "S" jets and the "U" jets?

Best balance.

Neo

Try this linkey,My link

Answer, NO!

Edited by copemech

Yes that's good Cope but seeing as both jets look almost identical (scroll down on this page) and they are both specified as VHST spare parts I'm trying to understand why I would chose one over the other.... Might be a 2T of 4T setup thing? <_<

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best of balance.

Neo

Claudio the difference is in the side holes, the S jets have the small side holes the U's are substantially larger. On the Scorpa four bangers running that carby it made a substantial difference to the slow running just changing between U and S for the same pilot jet size.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for this...I'd forgotten that the Scorpa 4T uses a VHST.

The U Jets appeared to have larger side holes in the photos but I wasn't completely sure on that.

So just to clarify do you think the U Jets are for a 4T engine?...or are they just to raise the tick-over on any engine?

Do you stock the range of VHST Dellorto jets and other VHST parts?...

I also think I need a "VHSB/A Atomiser bush DQ / DP - 7mm" ... but need to confirm if this will fit the VHST?

Please drop me an email if you can supply any of this?

Best of balance.

Neo

Edited by Neo

Wow this is crazy. I read that the VHST has been fitted to Trials bikes as far back as 2004 yet know one seem to know much about them.... Including some Dellorto suppliers.

Can someone please prove me wrong and enlighten me? :blush:

Best of balance.

Neo