carb problem

picksgasgas

hi i bought a 2003 gas gas 70 rookie for my boy for christmas and the carb has started bogging down when you rev it quick also when trying to get up hills theres just no power there it boggs out ive taking the carb off and cleaned well with an air line butt its still doing it can anyone help me with this problem

Have you properly adjusted the fuel/air screw? Could be too lean. Also, have checked for air leaks? If the bike was running properly and developed the isse, I would check those items 1st. If it always did this, I would call your dealer and verify the correct jetting.

Edited by laser1

Sounds like a mixture problem to me too, mine is an 05 but you could try these settings. I have the needle set to the richest (the bottem notch) and the air screw is wound out 1 and a quarter turns with the fuel wound in 5 and a half turns. I know it might not be right for your bike, but it could be a good place to start.

let me know how you get on

Edited by kippa1992

hi i bought a 2003 gas gas 70 rookie for my boy for christmas and the carb has started bogging down when you rev it quick also when trying to get up hills theres just no power there it boggs out ive taking the carb off and cleaned well with an air line butt its still doing it can anyone help me with this problem

Go to: http://www.trialspartsusa.com/tech.html and click "Carb settings" and the spec.'s for the 01-05 70 will be there. Some 70's have a bog off-idle and I think the modification on the slide to correct it is also on the website.

Jon

Hi

I had all sorts of issues with my sons 50 boy, I stripped the carb, checked the reeds, put all back together and still the bog.... really could not figure it out, played with air screw etc........ then..... I changed the plug and all started running right !!!!

I would definitely try a new plug as it did the trick for me although already seems to have gone through another one so just about to change the plug cap and put in one of the platinum plugs to see if it lasts a little longer.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...