B Class Riders

Guest Ady Witting

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is one point here that seems to have been overlooked - these rules have been laid down by the governing bodies of our sport and they are there to be adhered to. Any rider who knowingly fills in their entry form and enters B Class on a 250 is CHEATING. They must enter out of class or maybe enter A Class.

It is certainly a problem up here in the North East - we aren't talking about riders who already had 250s, some have actually recently sold their 125s and bought new 250s! Why do you think they have done this? Simple, because a 250 will save them a few marks at a trial. Has it made them better riders, of course not, the bike is merely helping them drop less marks. There is a difference.

I agree with jrsunt in that a 125 is just as capable as a 250 it just takes a lot more effort. Crosswaite in the SSDT on the 4 stroke and Alexz Wigg just about anytime I see him ride spring to mind.

Its a problem that needs sorted now! The same riders are hardly going to want to step back down to 125s for A Class, which of course they will have to in January 07. C Class is going to have exactly the same problem.

Its up to the Clubs and the ACU to make a stance now, and if the parents of the riders have any decency in them then make sure you state on the entry form that they are riding out of class.

Okay so where's the nearest TY80 trial this weekend and I'll go off and bag myself a trophy - nobody will mind will they?