B Class Riders

Guest Ady Witting

Guest Ady Witting

Personasly I think that B Class riders should be aloud on 250cc bikes untill they are an A Class then go to 125's untill the are an novice

But you can't fault the FIM ruling because they are just making it saver for young lads like me.

They are allowed to ride a bigger bike than a 125 on a NO POINTS NO AWARDS basis in centre events in national events they have to be on a 125 then on the 1/1/2006 they have got to be on a 125 machine untill there 17th birthday.

I think that juct the ACU should do it not they FIM.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Todays 125s are far superior to the TY175 and all of the 250s of that era - even taking section severity/ the evolution of the sport into account.

I'm not just being argumentative here, I agree with most of your post, just discussing here.

I've never been convinced of the great advances in power since the 70's 80's. Having a 16 year gap, I was impressed when I came back a few years ago at how light the bikes were, but not over impressed by the power/torque.

I'm not really talking about the bigger bikes, as my 290 has more than enough horses to cart my butt around.

I'm thinking more of the 125's and under.

My lads got a TY80 now, which pulls my bulk up more hills than any of the modern 50's/80's. Some of the modern 50's seem gutless - maybe this is intentional. I've often thought it would be nice to have something like a Beta 80 with a TY engine in it (despite the extra weight)

Remember the Fantic 50. I'd planned riding the Scott on one with an L plate, so my memory can't be too distorted. The 200, a standard clubman bike was only 156cc, and the beast of a 240 was only 212cc.

I remember pulling 4th from time to time on the TY175. Admittedly gearing may be different these days, but I'd say the advances in engine power have not been that great for 20-30 years of development.

What d'ya reckon?

A 125 gas gas pro is pushing out as much power as some of the early 250 gassers, and they are a good 15kg's lighter. Perhaphs BS is right in saying not as much torque, but certainly at the top end, when one of those little 125's is screaming flat out for a step, its surprising what they'll go up. its not the bike that makes the differance its the rider. I can get a 125 beta up most of the stuff the mont does, with alot of extra effort and revs.

Guest Ady Witting

Rule Changes Of Note For Trials Riders[/size]

[SIZE=7]UNTILL 1/1/06 ORGANISERS WILL BE GIVEN DISPENSATION TO OFFER A 250cc CLASS FOR B CLASS RIDERS IN CLUB AND CENTRE LEVEL EVENTS ONLY ON A NO POINTS NO AWARDS BASIS (FOR NATIONAL AND CHAMPIONSHIP EVENTS, ALL B CLASS RIDERS WILL BE RESTRICTED TO A 125cc AS FROM 01/01/05)

(FROM BIKE TALK MAGAZINE)

Guest gasgastxtpro

I cant even remember what i was going to say.

But im pretty sick of people going on about see what alez wigg can do etc etc.

Hes like jesus on steroids compaired to me.

Ok ok i should improve my skill, but perhaps im not very good, and want some more enigne size to make up the power.

If the 125s are so good, then why doesnt everyone ride them!

Ok again, thats an over reaction, they cant get up some stuff, but, the way everyone goes on about 125s youd think they were actually better than 250s.

Alsmot everyone in the B class thinks that the rule is a bag of s**t, and thats who the rule affects.

Yes, the rider has a hulluva lot of influince in the riding, but the bike definatly has a lot aswell.

Give it a rest about the 125 starts for once!

Richard

If the 125s are so good, then why doesnt everyone ride them!

Because some of us might be a bit more mature in years and size :wall: And we did our time on TY80s and 175s.

Your counterparts in Spain and France seem to like the new regs, and you know what, there are developing a good number of s**t hot riders.

If all the B's are all on 125s then the course is the same for all of you, so the section plotters will set the course to take marks of a 125. Whilst we are in transition then of course a 250 is an advantage. When the A's are on 125s the same applies, courses will be set to beat bike and rider, sections will change as a result - tighter and more technical. Riders will develop more skills because they can't just hide behind a bigger capacity bike - like many of us Adults do.

When you grow up you will learn that size doesn't matter, and its not how big it is its what you do with it!

My Son just moved theough to "B" class on his Sherco. The courses are the same as last year he's just up againest older riders this year. The bikes spent a long time being the cinderella class with no development at all. This Year The Sherco has seen a raft of improvements and this years Beta is a definate improvement in power and "rideability" on last years machine. The Gas Gas hasn't seen as many improvements but was the 125 to have in nationals so perhaps only neede "tweaking". The Bike manufacturers will now have to push the 125's a lot more so I'd watch these bikes with interest.

I can get a 125 beta up most of the stuff the mont does, with alot of extra effort and revs.

Like jrsunt says the 125's may be just as capable as the 250's but they take more effort.

Has anybody tried riding two full trials in the same sort of conditions with similar courses on a 125 and then on a 200 or 250?

I have, I had my 125 for ages so it was not about being unfamiliar with the bike, I rode at loads of trials ad was absolutely knackered at the end and often could not even finish. I rode my 200 round soon after and it was a new bike to me, in my opinion making it even harder and by the end of the trial I was fine. I actually managed to get round more quickly aswell.

What I am trying to say is that for a rider who just goes out for a laugh, does it matter if the bike does not develop his/her skill as quickly is he/she is enjoying it more? Shouldn't it be that prople can choose or will everybody just go for the bigger bikes?

• 3 weeks later...

Didnt a certain Mr Isherwood ride a certain Scottish trial on a 125 a couple of years back?

Also if my 200 (162cc) pulls my 6'5 16st *lb frame about with no technique a 16 year old should cope with a 125.