4rt programming

senf2

Simple answer No. You need a Programable Throttle body (PTB).

However some people when they bought the bikes had the Throttle Body changed to a programable one as an extra. I even think some of the Repsol models had it as standard, 2006 possible?. Post the number on the throttle body and we should be able to tell if it can be done.

There are two types out their a single map PTB and a twin map PTB with a switch for the handle bars.

PTB appear on ebay from time to time and never seem to go for silly money. Also you will need the cables and software to change the maps. I point of interest as well maybe is that your computer needs to have a serial port which has become rare on new ones.

Note: the Single PTB will need the 2005 Software while the Twin PTB will need the 2007 Software.

The manual, maps and further information can be found here:

Link

Any further queries just ask and I am sure we can help you out.

Scott B)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed a two stage throttle body on my 4rt. I loaded a map called "zog 3" into mode 2 and left the standard map in mode 1 (07RTL). I am looking for a softer hit for intermediate level riding by an old guy. I just test rode it today and the 2 modes are so close that I'm not completely confident that I got the milder map loaded, although when I hit the "data read" button it says I did.

Does anyone have experience with these two maps and can you confirm that the percieved difference is very, very, subtle? They look quite different on the graphs.

I'm also confused by statements that the program can only read the last map loaded. Does that mean that if I select mode 1 and "data read" that it will read mode 2 if that is where the last map was loaded?

Pleae help, I'm so confused.

Edited by motovita

Not sure about zog3 but you do need quite a difference to tell unless.

Info I had on reading downloaded info which seemed to makes sense when I read it is as below

"The handlebar switch doesn't affect the uploading.

1) Uploading to mode 1

if you select mode 1 for fuel and ignition then the selected map is placed in the ECU in memory position 1.

2) Uploading to mode 2

If you select mode 2 for fuel and ignition then the selected map is placed in the ECU in memory position 2.

3) Uploading to mode 1 & mode 2

If you select this option there is no need for a handlebar switch because both memory placed have the same information. The selected mapping is send to meory position 1 and memory position 2.

4) Switching Ignition and fuel

if you only select fuel or ignition, only the selected setting wil be uploaded to the selected memory position.

Reading mappings from the ECU.

This sounds a bit strange, but only the last uploaded mapping can be read back. So if your last upload is to mode 1 then it only possible to read back that mapping from mode 1,

If your last upload is to mode 2, only mode 2 can be read back.

so every time you change something in the mappings you have to write it down somewhere"

I had this from the authour of the web site http://members.quicknet.nl/sw.zeinstra/4RT/index.htm

• 2 years later...

I recently bought a 2nd hand throttle body and switch from ebay, and it turns out the unit he sent me is a standard body of an 05 bike. he's told me:

This was taken directly off the bike with the switch as well, it has two settings to it one which currently is programmed to a higher setting and one which isn't programmed at all you can tell because when you change the switch between settings, one of them the bike will splutter and won't run properly as it hasn't yet been set

has anyone ever tried the switch with a standard body as if it does the same as we he says it had been doing with his bike hopefully I can prove to him that he's had a standard body the whole time and he sold me a dud... maybe or maybe not without realising it..

thanks guys