Taking it easy...

stevec

I had to laugh. The general perception here in the States has always been that Trials is where ex-motocrossers and enduro riders go when past their prime. Seems like the tables have turned in light of riders like Dougie and Taddy etc... they go to "extreme" sports to relax. And win.

I had to laugh. The general perception here in the States has always been that Trials is where ex-motocrossers and enduro riders go when past their prime. Seems like the tables have turned in light of riders like Dougie and Taddy etc... they go to "extreme" sports to relax. And win.

I've also found the misconception interesting. It seems the perception is slowly changing with such Trials names as David Knight, Taddy, Geoff Aaron, Dougie, Wayne Braybrook etc. creeping into the awareness of U.S. riders. The past also had other Trials riders such as Roger Decoster and Kevin Schwantz go on to other forms of motorcycle history.

I have heard more people not involved with the sport say they have seen Trials on TV here in the U.S., so there seems to be a change in exposure.

Jon

The exposure is changing about the sport. The more i go out and ride with my fiance we run into the occasional rider who has seen the sport on youtube like the one we ran into today or we will get people who are driving by and see an event that is in progress and stop by to watch and ask questions. I had a time where i took my fiance up to a place called Texas Creek in Colorado and when we left i had a park ranger stop to ask about the sport for a min. Slowly the sport is growing in all sorts of ways.

No mate.... new people are replacing the dead ones.

Cynic! B)

The perception of the sport is changing. The antics of Bou etc have the average off-road rider in awe and the, now very obvious, cross-over from trials to enduros has many wondering whether they couldn't improve their skills.

The GFC notwithstanding these are golden days for trials.