oil mix 2010 bike

basher

bike is 2010 sherco 290

bike has been running really crap lately, reguarly stalling and not ticking over well. ive changed oils lately to PJ1 which seems to have made a difference in making it worse, but wondered if the amount of oil i use could be the probelem to why its running rubbish on tick over? im running 100ml to 5 litres which is 50:1

Hi, put in 80ml to 5 litres and it should run a lot cleaner, could do with a blast down a track/ field

etc to clean out the exhaust, its getting worse because it is getting more coked up with oil.

Hope this helps

I've never had any problems at 50:1 or richer (Castrol TTS) :thumbup:

Sounds as though you may have other issues, but many here run lean and clean on 80:1 with full synth oils on the pro bikes. The excess just bogs things down and dirties it up. 62.5 for 5L. Mant punters run at 100:1 with no issue.

Now admittedly, this experience is limited to probably less than a couple thousand riders over the last decade or so, but it seems to hold true. We are still waiting to see if one will actually blow up! :rolleyes:

carb has been cleaned, i have an inline filter between tank and fuel pump and that is changed every so often so is fine, air filter is clean. ill try 80ml mix with ipone which i was using before.

i suppose i could check the plug for being crapped up, and oily.

I've never had any problems at 80:1 (Castrol TTS) :thumbup: .... and I think I'm tired of saying that too :lol: ....anyone that runs more synthetic oil than that JUST AIN'T LISTENING!!!

Yer clean the carb .... it just has to be learnt and done on a Trials bike.

Best of balance.

Neo

I've never had any problems at 80:1 (Castrol TTS) :thumbup: .... and I think I'm tired of saying that too :lol: ....anyone that runs more synthetic oil than that JUST AIN'T LISTENING!!!

Yer clean the carb .... it just has to be learnt and done on a Trials bike.

Best of balance.

Neo

Agreed. One of the big things on a Sherco is the fact you need to keep the muff clean and free of excess buildup of oiley residue. And excess oil usage is not environmentally friendly either.

Unless you are running a high speed road trial event, I cannot figure a reason for it.

Neo, heard from TFT?