To mod or not to mod. That is the question.

blocky

Im trying to decide if I should do the modifications to change the steering head angle on my 240 or not. I have had one frame done and im very impressed with the results but I want to have a go at some of the Sammy Miller series on this bike as it is road registered so I can't decide if I should do the mods or just go for longer rear shocks.

What do you think ?

does the sm series prohibit these mods? If yes and you still want to ride, then thze answer is there.

i would do it...longer shocksn were my answer before i actually rode one.....really no comparison. longer shocks are like put octane booster in an f1 and hoping it goes faster...you believe it works cos the minimal theory we pocess says it should...

The bikes I have are all modded...wouldnt have it any other way now

L

It's going to be personal choice. You know the affect of the mod from the other bike.

The SM series has no rules to stop you doing it so there is no concern there. Is it necessary for the sections in that series? Different issue and to which the answer is definitely no, there is absolutely nothing that a 240 Fantic is going to struggle with in the SM. There's nothing it will struggle with in the Normandale series either as neither of them offer sections as hard as what the Fantic would have been doing in its era.

So you don't need to do it no from a performace perspective, it's down to what you prefer for your bike.

What head angle do most adjust them to? The yokes aren't the same as a modern bike so I don't believe copying a gasgas head angle would work well,if I ever get around to doing mine I intend to going to 24 degrees or so,I don't want longer shocks as I don't want to raise the center of gravity any higher,if anything I'd drop the cradle an inch,cut out the lower frame rails and fab a head steady if I had a spare frame to experiment with.Due to multiple other projects/laziness I haven't even lowered my footpegs yet :rolleyes:

I have developed chipped paint where the gussets crack,so I gotta do something with mine before competing on it again.