Carb Drill Mod Detail?

mcman56

I looked through the post at the top of the Beta section in great detail but the drilling instructions are not there. The closest I find is a "translation" from a broken link that I can not understand. It looks like Mr. Addict posted some pictures but they are no longer there. Do you have any other recommendation on where to look?

Neo

The drilling is not necessary. Just set the floats properly and nip a hole in the two vent hoses about halfway up the carb body. That will stop the leak. The leak happens because fuel gets splashed up into the vent tubes and if it is enough to fill the tube it acts like a siphon because the tubes end below the float bowl. If you cut a little hole in the tubes above the level of the float bowl the fuel in the tubes just goes back into the float bowl. Simple solution. Try it before going through all the fooforaw of drilling out the carb body.

• Like 1

Yep this seems to work for some people and not for others .... But no one has ever said WHY :wall:

I reckon the Rev3 should get some kinda "Hall of Fame" for it's Carbs and Stators!! :lol:

Personally I would aim to fit an OKO26 failing that a Dellorto VHST. Although the later is a far more expensive device. Your big problem is that you need Idle and Airmix screws on the opposite side to the one fitted on the Shecro's and GasGas's ... This guys knows alot about it http://oko-australia.com.au/ ... I think he's dreaming with his prices but it would be a quick fixup.

Trial bikes have a number of common parts with scooters (believe it or not)... This place is good http://scootrs.com/results.cfm?q=pwk ... but the guy that runs it an arrogant pig! :lol: ... Please let me know if you find any other good scooter parts websites?

But put up another post on TC and get the experiences of others that have fitted a Keihin or an OKO on a Beta before buying anything.

Best of balance.

Neo