Not picking up.

cabby

Had my new bike out today and felt it wasn't picking up from the bottom very well, stalled it a few times. but given the power this bike has, I'd have thought it would've picked up better from the bottom.....anyway, when cleaning it I noticed the zorst had "blackened up" from the barrel, had a good look at it, and seems the previous dude has stripped one of the bolts :banghead:

So

1) Is this the reason it's not picking up great from the bottom or would the slow throttle be the reason ?

2010 290 btw

seriously, try to work out why the last owner was removing the exhaust, have a look at the barrel bolts/nut, do they look like they have been off recently? if so, it might be worth pulling the barrel off for a look.

check the reeds, make sure they are sitting down.

blow the carb out after removing the jets to make sure they are clean.

seal the exhaust on (after fixing the thread) and try it again.

check the ignition timing as well

let us know how you get on.

Paul

Edited by paul w

seriously, try to work out why the last owner was removing the exhaust,

He had a Ti exhaust on it, removed it for sale separately.

I'm all new to this bike maintenance fella, I don't even know what reeds are :thumbup:

He might have re-jetted and changed the needle on the bike for running with the other exhaust and not changed the jets back again. Hence the reason it's bogging down and not iddling.

On your road bike you re-map it when putting a race pipe on same with these but your doing it manually by changing things in the carb.

He might have re-jetted and changed the needle on the bike for running with the other exhaust and not changed the jets back again. Hence the reason it's bogging down and not iddling.

On your road bike you re-map it when putting a race pipe on same with these but your doing it manually by changing things in the carb.

WOW, that's spooky, I've just had the exact same thing said in a txt from some weirdo :guinness: