Fully or semi ?

cabby

What have you been drinking more like, have another read of your post :rolleyes:

My comment was in relation to copemech alluding possibly to him pushing something, saying he uses semi instead of fully is hardly pushing a product is it :rolleyes:

Cant understand the reason for your post, if you have the answer why ask?

Maybe you should have posted, Gary macDonald Recommends Semi-syn premix?

Without a brand, its pretty useless information – there’s a vast difference in manufactures and additives added

Edited by Monty_Jon

I have always used fully synthetic oil in my trials bike, however, I have just read elsewhere that one of the top riders in Britain uses semi and said fully is a big no no ?

Anyone care to tell me what the benefits are of semi against fully or vice versa and should I change to semi ?

Have another read of my first post !

Maybe you'll understand it better, maybe you won't, I'm now sorry I asked for other people's opinions on semi or full, cause it turned in to a side show circus. :rolleyes:

• Dislike 2

What have you been drinking more like, have another read of your post :rolleyes:

My comment was in relation to copemech alluding possibly to him pushing something, saying he uses semi instead of fully is hardly pushing a product is it :rolleyes:

I’ve read your post, it makes very little sense!

You read, then he told you, but didn’t recommend any make of oil?

You didn’t even state what the oil was for! ( 2T, 4T, gearbox or suspension)

You asked a question you had the answer to, and you also seem to be very angry about the replies

This is a forum, its just peoples opinion, that’s what forums are :thumbup:

Chill-out :banana2:

Edited by Monty_Jon

I asked what bike you have as you should not put fully synthetic in the gearbox of a Gas Gas as it has been known to cause the clutch pack to swell, then the clutch will drag.

I have noticed petrol mixed with fully synthetic does not ice the carb as badly in cold weather. other than that I doubt there is much difference.

If we believe the experts then the main difference is that the semi leaves a film on the internals to prevent corrosion between periods of use (typical trials bike use) but after three years or so on full I haven't noticed a problem with that.

• Like 1