Soft Dabs!

Hey Guys

I am after a bit of advice on how to stop soft dabs. Recently I have been ruining good results due to silly dabs that even C riders would never do. When it comes to hard sections with big steps or really nasty rock section I can clean it confidently but then the next section I will drop a silly couple of dabs in a easy section. I never seem to drop them because I am struggling it seems more of an safety dab that in reality I should not need.

Can anyone give me some advice or ideas how I can get over this.

Thanks

Hi

The differance between 1st & 2nd can well be down to points given away,or soft dabs. Concentration is often the the reason. I have no answers, but you are not alone. Ride a really easy trial, one that you can clean all the sections, then just watch the points mount up. Its often harder to ride 40 easy sections than ride 40 harder sections. Frustrating you bet.

Pete

Hey,

make sure you drink a lot of water (or other non alcoholic :beer: stuff)

and make sure you are fit enough to ride

moast of the soft dabs come from lack of concentration caused by fatigue or dehydratation

best regards bob

Thanks for the input guys.

It maybe down to concentration but it is not like I am thinking about work or the mrs when I am riding. But I am sure that may play a part.

As far as fitness I would class myself as very bike fit as i ride every weekend and cycle to work everyday. I also look after myself and try to stay hydrated in the days leading up to an event. But again you can never rule it out. B)

Any further ideas would be much appreciated.

I think some of the easiest points come out of even the best riders on Brain Farts! Happens to everyone.

I think breaking a section into "sections" with a mental point and balance ck between them would be the best advice I have ever had. Head in the game and ride the plan.

Seems rushing through even an easy section can often throw you. I think a lot of riders that seem to struggle a bit could just take a few days to ride for fun, drop back a line of difficulty to an easy line and just have fun riding just tosee if they can actually maintain mentally long enough to have a "Clean" day out as a non'comp entry.

I have tried this and find it very difficult to say the least! I have had only one clean day in the last ten years and have never been able to duplicate it! If you can, then fine, move on. Just a trial!

Thanks for the ideas.

I had a particularly bad one yesterday. Should have gone round in a clean as there was only one section with a really tricky section. I think I will need to take a step back and play around on the patio a bit just to dial in my throttle and clutch control. It seemed I lost marks due to over complicating things with the clutch.

I think part of the problem is building back my confidence. At the moment I can't seem to ride on the bike week to week. Either life commitments or no events being on anywhere near us is holding me back on practise time. It does not help jumping between my enduro bike and the trails bike.

The more I look at myself it may be down to me technique not being quite perfect therefore making me feel that I need these "safety dabs".

Anyways who knows. Maybe I am just a rubbish rider <_<