Ty80 struggle to start from cold

benwall

I struggle to start my sisters ty80 from cold it takes about 15 min to start. Once started it will start from hot really easly (even my little sister can start it). after it has warmed up it starts to rev realy high (about 20 min after start) so i have to run for my screwdriver and adjust the carb. I have recentley changed the coil and cleaned out the carb but this does not help much more. Once the bike is running every thing is fine but i just cannot work out why it stuggles to start from cold :wacko: it cant be because it is not started that often as the bike is reguarly used and if not used weekley it is normaly started just to warm it up.

Does anyone know what the poblem may be?

or has anyone experienced a simular problem?

Thanks

Ben Wall

I struggle to start my sisters ty80 from cold it takes about 15 min to start. Once started it will start from hot really easly (even my little sister can start it). after it has warmed up it starts to rev realy high (about 20 min after start) so i have to run for my screwdriver and adjust the carb. I have recentley changed the coil and cleaned out the carb but this does not help much more. Once the bike is running every thing is fine but i just cannot work out why it stuggles to start from cold :wacko: it cant be because it is not started that often as the bike is reguarly used and if not used weekley it is normaly started just to warm it up.

Does anyone know what the poblem may be?

or has anyone experienced a simular problem?

Thanks

Ben Wall

I had exactly the same with my kids Ty80,it was down to one of the internal passages for the cold start circuit being blocked,had a hell of a job to clear it - but now it starts first kick even when left for long periods.Try stripping the carb down again,and look where the cold start jet draws fuel from.