Beta Rear Shock

gwtrials

HAS ANYONE EVER HAD TO REPLACE THE REAR SHOCK ON A BETA?

I HAVE A 2001 REV 3 AND WHILE DOING MAINTENANCE ON IT THE OTHER DAY I MADE THE MISTAKE OF UNBOLTING THE LOWER SHOCK MOUNT AND TURNING IT 180 DEGREES. WHEN I DID THIS

ALL OF THE OIL DRAINED OUT OF THE SHOCK. i'M TOLD THAT THIS SHOCK IS NOT REBUILDABLE AND HERE IN THE USA A NEW ONE

RETAILS FOR OVER 900.00 DOLLARS. THIS IS A VERY ABSURD PRICE FOR A SHOCK WHEN ALL THE OTHER BRANDS SHOCKS ARE UNDER 400.00 WHICH IS ALSO ABSURD. HAS ANYONE EVER TRIED TO REFILL THIS SHOCK AND REUSE IT OR DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANYWHERE TO GET A BETTER PRICE ON ONE? BETA FACTORY WAS NO HELP AT ALL.

THANKS

Give a couple of suspension specialty shops a call. Anything can be rebuilt, just depends on whether you or the suspension guy is willing to put the money and time into it.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know if this is to late but I believe we have a shop to rebuild those shocks now. We have 3 that will be going out soon and if this works out we can have them rebuilt for a fraction of the cost. We are promised a shock better than new.

If anyone is interested let me know.

Aaron

• 2 weeks later...

Once again, sorry this took so long but things are up and running now.

A rebuilt Beta shock.... seals, oil, nitrogen, all new. Piston trued to specs better than factory. Finished product will be better than new is what I am told.

Unfortunatly, price is $100 over what was planned right now. For now price will be around $275 complete. Still a lot better than the alternative but not as good as we thought we could do. As a comparison a showa is less than half for the same service. Yes, they break to.

Aaron