Apico steel clutch plates

hoodie2

I've been checking out threads on clutch improvements having just got a very stock 06 4rt. I've stuck the larger master cylinder on and the clutch is more progressive, but I still find the bike still carries too much momentum with the clutch disengaged. I think ther'es still enough friction for a little drive to be left and I have to kill it with the brakes. Would the dimpled steel clutch plates help this? I can't find anyone selling the Jitsie ones but have seen Apico ones. Are they any good or am I better looking for Jitsie ones, in which case any ideas who has them?

Cheers.

, but I still find the bike still carries too much momentum with the clutch disengaged. I think ther'es still enough friction for a little drive to be left and I have to kill it with the brakes.

Lower gearing and/or an O ring chain might make the bike suit you better.

BVM say the following:

Apico Clutch Steel Plates Montesa 315/4RT Apico

These aftermarket plates actually offer better performance, they are covered in tiny dimples that allow more oil to get between the place. This gives the clutch a much more progressive less switch like action

That's what I thought. Just wondering if anyone's tried them and found a difference or if they are just as effective as the Jitsie ones.I've changed to a 9 tooth gearbox sprocket already.

Cheers

Edited by hoodie2

I haven't tried them, but yesterday as a test I removed two clutch springs (opposite eachother) and rode around the yard. It made the engagement just a bit less abrupt and of course the clutch lever effort is reduced. I gave full throttle on a concrete slab and did not detect any slippage, but it was just a quick run around my hard/driveway.